GraceHopper Conference 2010

I am planning to attend the Grace Hopper Conference as a student volunteer and blogger this month; though I could not avail myself of any scholarship, I am very grateful that my professor is sponsoring my travel :) I hope to meet the HCI community  and  learn about what other researchers are thinking in this direction.  I have no scientific data but in my experience I saw the participation of women researcher in this field of Computer Science is pretty encouraging,  and this year GHC 2010 has special session about   Visualization and HCI, and I am already excited about the GA Tech HCI Lab tour !

The use of social networking sites like facebook and twitter has added much flavor to the community this year.  Hope I will meet a lot of enthusiastic ladies and have a great time at Atlanta.

Comments